It is normal stitches look like cysts? (Photos)
Botox Price Calculator
What would you like to change?
Enter your info to request custom estimates from three local providers.
These providers will send a more accurate price based on your needs.
Doctor Answers 2
Incisions and Scars
Protruding suture after surgery
- I do not agree with your surgeon.
- I assume you have had a tummy tuck -
- It appears the suture knot of the suture used to tighten the muscle has risen near your skin.
- If the suture is absorbable, it will go away with time.
- If it is not absorbable, your surgeon needs to make a small incision and remove the suture knot.
- Otherwise it will eventually make a little opening in your skin as your body tries to get rid of it and the opening will not heal until the suture knot is removed.
- Since it is painful, it is probably already very close to the surface of your skin.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.