Please see the pictures, this came out of my nose, is this a part of the bridge? Surgeon didn't gave me a clear answer (Photo)

I had a nose job few weeks ago. A couple days after the cast came of this thing came out of my nose. What could it be? Maybe a part of the bridge? I'm worried that my nose is collapsing. At this moment I don't see much from the outside because if the swelling. I'm just worried for the future. I went to my surgeon but he didn't gave me a clear answer. Hopefully someone can explain this. Thank you

Please see the pictures, this came out of my nose, is this a part of the bridge? Surgeon didn't gave me a clear answer

Appears as a piece of cartilage. But very hard to tell via the internet. If you still have the piece go to your Primary doc to send to hospital pathologist for identification...There will be a cost. 

Post Rhinoplasty Nasal Secretions

Dear Okyanus, It appears from the photographs that this is just mucus secretions that have hardened during your recovery phase. Since patients are instructed not to blow their nose after surgery this is not uncommon. The nose may be dry after surgery and the mucus and blood may harden resulting in a secretion that resembles your above pictures. I would not be overly concerned and see your surgeon for your scheduled follow up appointments to provide comfort and reassurance while you are recovering. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Debris From Nose #nosejob

It looks like a conglomeration of nasal secretions. This is very common after Rhinoplasty surgery as we limit patients from blowing their nose. Also the nose gets very dry and if you are not using nasal spray regularly you can have build up like this. It does not appear to be anything to worry about and if your surgeon was not very worried it probably is ok.

Richard J. Brown, MD

Post- rhinoplasty issue

It looks like it is just mucous from your nose that built up during the time you were not allowed to blow your nose. Hard to say for sure without seeing them in person. Always best to discuss with your surgeon.

Not the Bridge

This is almost certainly hardened mucus mixed with blood from the rhinoplasty.  Make sure to go to your scheduled follow-ups and enjoy your nose!

Nicholas Husni, MD, PhD, FACS
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

It appears to be nasal secretions.  It is very rare, and unusual.  I would see my Plastic Surgeon as soon as possible and discuss this issue.  Best wishes!

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Curiosity

It appears that it is merely a "cast" of nasal secretions.  Thickened and hardened secretions commonly occur in the immediate postoperative period in rhinoplasty, septoplasty, reconstructive nasal surgery and most certainly in sinus surgery.  The photo is a bit blurry but for a part of your nasal bridge to extrude that would be a remarkable event.  I'd not panic but merely visit with your surgeon in the near future to relieve your concerns. 

Shepherd G. Pryor, MD
Scottsdale Facial Plastic Surgeon