Plastic surgeon or dermatologist for filler to improve symmetry?

which one is more skilled at achieving balance and symmetry with fillers?

Doctor Answers 1

Plastic Surgeon or Dermatologist

Great question - Let me preface by saying that I am neither, so put as much weight in this answer as you desire.I would bet that if you ask a plastic surgeon the question, they'd say a plastic surgeon...and if you asked a dermatologist, they might say the latter.  The truth is, there are great injectors from many different specialties, not just these two.   It begins with a thorough understanding of facial anatomy.  There is also a lot to be said for experience and judgment.  And, of course, whoever you choose should have a great aesthetic eye.  To be totally honest, some of the best injectors I've met and who teach some of the courses on fillers are not MDs at all - they may be nurses or PAs!  My advice - do your research in your geographic area.  Check out their reviews on-line, as well as before and afters...and have 2-3 consults, where you check out the various practices you are considering and get a feel for where you feel comfortable and safe.  All the best!

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.