Found out my pituitary glands were slightly elevated, would this effect me from being able to have my breast augumentation done?

My breast argumentation is scheduled on December 20th and I wanted to know if my elevated pituitary levels would effect it from not happening I am getting gummy bear implants under the muscle .

Pituitary issue

Elevated pituitary function levels could be the result of a hormonal imbalance or a tumor.  This should be worked up prior to any surgery, particularly a breast augmentation.  You should inform your plastic surgeon and then follow up with testing to determine the basis for the test results.  Best wishes.

Medical evaluation

Hello and thank you for your question. I recommend seeing your primary medical physician to discuss the safety of this and he/she may wish to send you to a specialist to evaluate you prior to surgery.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Ask your primary care provider

The pituitary secretes many different hormones. So depending on which hormone is elevated, this may have an effect on your surgery date. Your primary care provider or whoever is giving you pre-operative clearance should be able to give you more information on if this will have an effect on your surgery date. Best of luck!

~Dr. Sieber