What happens if I need a permanent stitch removed after 6 months of otoplasy?

I had otoplasy done about 6 months ago and a stitch in my left ear began to try and get out, I went to the doctor two times and he shortened it but on the second some pus came out, he said I might need the the whole stitch removed if it happened again. Will this effect the outcome of the shape of my ear? Will I need to have the surgery done again? And if so how long do I have to wait?

An exposed permanent stitch must be removed because it can otherwise lead to an inflammation of the ear. Regardless of whether the operation was with the invasive traditional method or the minimally invasive Merck Stitch Method, the cartilage has not reshaped itself yet, 6 months after an otoplasty, and therefore a complete or partial re-protrusion of the ears must be expected, depending on whether one or several stitches have to be removed.

LG Michelle

Germany Plastic Surgeon