Will I get permanent scarring around the edges from Coolsculping? (Photos)

Im just over 48 hours after the treatment and I am very concerned about potential scarring. Pain is uncomfortable like ive been kicked hard in the stomach. I also did my arms and experienced no redness or pain.

CoolSculpting Markings

CoolSculpting does not usually leave permanent scars or markings.  Make sure you see a Certified CoolSculpting Specialist for your treatments.  The markings in your pictures do not look like the usual markings I've seen from our CoolSculpting machines. Hopefully your issues have resolved over  the past few weeks since your treatments.

Will I get permanent scarring around the edges from Coolsculping?

Thank you for your question. CoolSculpting does not usually leave scars. However, if you are concerned, please speak with your chosen provider. Ensure that you always speak to a physician with expertise in CoolSculpting. 

Regards, 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Coolsculpting and Side Effects

I would definitely return to your treating physician for examination since I cannot tell from the photo if this is a bruise or a burn.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

No scarring after Coolsculpting

Bruising after the CoolSculpting procedure can occur and can vary from area to area as well as treatments. Rest assured this will resolve. You can take Tylenol or ibuprofen for the soreness and this should dissipate over the next week. If the pain is worsening or becoming unbearable after 5 to 7 days you may have delayed neuropathic pain following never irritation. However this also resolves on its own but you may require medications such as gabapentin or lido deem patch. 

You will not scar from the treatment. 

All the best
Dr Soni

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Scars from Cool Sculpting

Your Picture does not present different in rare cases than I would expect 2 days following treatment. With that being said there is always a risk of bruising (from the suction) after treatments. I am assuming as well that you went to a reputable place that used recommended settings on the machine. You should call and check in with your treatment Physician but usually no, in the 2000 plus treatments we have done in my practice there has not been one patient with a "scar" following treatment but we also follow all standards. Hope that helps. 

Robert Heck, MD, FACS
Columbus Plastic Surgeon