Perlane (Lyft) Results- when do I notice them?

I have had voluma in the past and wanted to get a touch up. I am 29 and looking for higher cheekbones with an "angular/stiff look" so my PS recommended trying lyft- b/c apparently its "stiffer" than voluma. She put only half syringe in each side. When she did it- immediately after it looked great- very angular and sharp- just the way I wanted! However, 4 days post- I have no shape to my cheekbones- it just looks fuller, could this be swelling? Will it look angular and sharp in a few weeks?

Post Injection Results...

You could possibly still have some swelling.  I typically like to tell my patients is not out of the norm to have swelling for 1 to 2 weeks.  Hang in there.  If you want a specific angulation and fillers are not completely satisfying you, perhaps talk to your plastic surgeon about cheek implants.  This is another option...

Perlane (Lyft) Results

Typically we find that your immediate results, after being injected, is your final result.  Swelling can be deceiving and the results could look less "angular/stiff".  If after 2-4 weeks (when all swelling has subsided), you are still not happy with the results, you should follow up with the injector.  In addition, I find Radiesse in the cheeks can give you a more "angular/stiff" look.  You might want to give that filler a try.  Best of luck!

Janet M. Neigel, MD
Livingston Oculoplastic Surgeon

Lyft in cheeks

Thank you for your question.  It may be too soon to tell.  You may had mild swelling initially from the injections but it shouldn't significantly decrease in volume from the day of the procedure .  I would give it another week to see the final result.

Chad Robbins, MD

Cheek Contour

Thank your for your question In this situation photos would be helpful to give you a more thorough answer. Four days is still early and it is very possible that over the next few days your result may change and look similar to when first injected. I agree with your doctor that Restylane Lyft (Perlane) is an excellent option for contouring and highlighting the cheek. The natural stiffness of the product allows you to create angularity and a more dramatic look if you desire. Obviously the placement and the amount used will greatly affect the outcome. It is possible that you may need a little more volume to achieve the look you are desiring.
I would wait another few days and if still not pleased follow up with your doctor to see what's the best option to achieve the look you want. Best sure to use a board certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist with experience in injectables
Best of Luck

Lee A. Gibstein, MD