Outer thigh fat due to fat or fascia? Will liposuction work? (Photo)
Doctor Answers 4
Liposuction of thighs
Liposuction removes excess subcutaneous fat. Outer thigh or saddlebags are a common area for women to have excess fat distribution. Circumferential liposuction address excess fat in the inner, outer, anterior and posterior thighs depending on patient desires and anatomy. Reducing inches from liposuction is difficult to adequately predict especially in photos. At consultation, you and your plastic surgeon can discuss realistic expectations after examination.
Liposuction for lower outer thighs?
- Great question -
- You truly need an examination to know if you are seeing fascia or fat.
- It is probably fascia - the fascia lata extends from just below the hip and goes down to the knee on the outside of the leg and rarely has much fat over it.
- I think a carefully done circumferential liposuction seems a very good choice.
- I think if you only have a medial and inner liposuction, the thigh proportions will not look pretty.
- One can't predict easily how many inches will come off the thighs -
Best wishes and good luck.
Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon