Very obvious nostril/tip asymmetry after open rhinoplasty. Any suggestions? (photos)

I had a primary open rhinoplasty and am currently just over 1 week post op. I know there is a lot of swelling, but can there be a substantial change in the obvious asymmetry of the nostrils I have? One nostril is more elevated than the other, though the base of the nostril starts lower. It was not like this pre op (I've attached photos of before and after the procedure). This is also causing asymmetry in my lips. Would a revision of only this part of the nose be complex if the issue persists?

1 week post rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question and pictures.  It is not uncommon in the early stages of rhinoplasty recovery to see asymmetries.  Often these asymmetries resolve themselves during the healing period.  It is usually 6 months before the nose is completely healed.  Even though it is difficult, it is important to be patient during the early healing phase.   Best of luck. 

Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon

Swelling and nostrils

Far too early to tell. It looks likely there is more swelling on the left so when this settles it is unlikely you will need any revision

Swelling , some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD