Nostril asymmetry after Rhinoplasty. Any suggestions? (photos)

I had rhinoplasty with osteomies & tip refinement that included a cartilage graft taken from my septum to help support my tip on 9/20. I would like your opinion on whether this looks like swelling. I had slight nasal assymetry prior but it looks much worse now. I bruised horribly. I even have a yellow bruise "streak" running down the side of my mouth. My bridge is fat & swollen. Had double board certified facial plastic surgeon w/ great rep. Need feedback. Thank you!

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question and photograph.

You are still quite early in your recovery period and your appearance will continue to refine.  It may take up to a year for all swelling to resolve and for your nasal appearance to settle to a final outcome. Your doctor may prescribe you a Medrol dose pack (steroid) to help reduce the swelling. Healing is often unpredictable and one side may heal quicker than the other and sometimes even nasal bones may shift in healing.  The outcomes may not be as expected.  In some cases a revision may be recommended to refine your outcomes, but I would wait at least 12-18 months so you are fully healed before considering a revision. 
Best of luck in your recovery!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Swelling

You just had surgery and your columella and nostrils are swollen. This can take a year or longer to settle. Best of luck.

Swelling , some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.

Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD