Would my nose be too thick to augment? (Photo)

I feel like I have a very round undefined, meaty nose... Is it possible to augment such a nose?

Rhinoplasty candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Nasal thickness and rhinoplasty

In reviewing your pictures, you appear to have a bulbous tip and lack of definition in the dorsum.  Your skin does not appear overly thick. With these characteristics, you would be a good candidate for rhinoplasty to define and angulate the nasal tip. Additionally, you could take steps during the rhinoplasty to improve the definition along the dorsum. It's difficult to give you more specific recommendations without other views of your nose.I hope this helps

"Meaty nose"

Yes, your bulbous tip can be refined. It is difficult to see based on your one frontal view, but this can often be achieved with a combination of a small reduction in the tip cartilage and filling the tip with cartilage grafts.

Augmentation

Yes, the dorsum can be augmented and improvement in the tip can be accomplished.  Best of luck.........

Augmenting a nose

It appears from the picture you posted that you don't need any nasal work, but you might want to consider seeing an eye doctor for the obvious problem with your eyes.  :)

Rhinoplasty Goal

Given the thickness of your skin, your tip does present a challenging case. However, it can be improved with rhinoplasty, especially when rib cartilage is used by an experienced rhinoplasty specialist.  The bridge and tip of the nose can be made much taller in a very predictable fashion.        It's important to keep in mind that although significant results can be achieved using synthetic grafts such as silicone, using autologous grafts (tissue from your own body) will yield the safest and most permanent results. 

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. Cartilage grafts may also be used to help improve tip refinement.   Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD