How can I make my nose small again?

I have been picking my nose for a few years.A year ago,I realised my nose became bigger and my nostrils were larger so I tried some nose reshaping exercises to fix this.I am worried that I deformated my nose cartilage because my cartilage(and nose) is way more flexible now.(I can make really wide nostrils,too).What should I do?

Rhinoplasty

Thanks for the question. I recommend you to send your photos to us to give you the advices you need and want.

Kind regards 

How can I make my nose small again?

How the Rhinoplasty operation is performed?

There are different kinds of rhinoplasty operations however we can divide them as the one that requires bone excision and the one that does not need bone excision. The main fact that we classify the rhinoplasty operations like that is that the results and postoperative period is associated closely with this fact. In the operations like “nasal tip correction”, “simple rhinoplasty” there is no need for a bone excision however these minor operations cannot be beneficial for everyone. The operation type is need to be determined by the surgeon according to needs of the patient. In these minor operations the rhinoplasty is performed with closed method. The bone and the cartilage tissues are not involved in the surgery directly. Small nasal bumps can be removed in these operations.

In the operation that needs the bone and cartilage tissues to be involved; open approach is used. In the procedures with open approach, the size, shape and functionality of the nose can be improved. The big nasal bumps can be removed and septal deviations can be corrected providing a better nasal airway.

Why should I get a Rhinoplasty operation?

If you are unhappy with the look of your nose, you think that you would be much happier after a rhinoplasty operation; if you had an accident and the shape of your nose got worsened after this accident; then you can be a good candidate for rhinoplasty operation. It is a well-known fact that individuals with feeling themselves beautiful have higher self-esteem. Therefore; if the look or functionality of your nose bothers you, you can get benefit from a rhinoplasty operation.

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Wide nostrils

Wide nostrils can only be narrowed by surgery (Alarplasty). Exercises cannot narrow a wide nose. 

Regards

Dr. J

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Your nose

Looks like you need a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who does noses. At that visit the doctor can examine your nose and go over what can be done. 

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Reshaping the nose

Hi, 

To create a more petite nose, a rhinoplasty is typically the only solution. I've not found any exercises that can accomplish this. I recommend seeing a plastic surgeon in your area so that he/she can advise you. 

Dr. Blagg

Austin, TX

Nasal issue

You would need to be seen in person to properly evaluate your concerns.  Best of luck with your decision to move forward.

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. The best advice you can receive is from an in-person consultation.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD