Nose completely blocked 2 weeks post rhinoplasty?

In order to correct my collapsed valves, I had my 5th revision 14 days ago. My surgeon said I was too far beyond spreader grafts (they wouldn't help enough), so instead he performed an osteotomy with outfracture and reduced my turbinates. 2 weeks later and my breathing is worse than before. I know swelling is involved but there is no airway open at all in my right nostril. Is this likely to resolve on its own? I feel like i should have SOME improvement rather than it being worse than before.

2 weeks post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.

Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity. In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months. To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you. Kind regards,  Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

Blocked Airway after Rhinoplasty

Being that it is only 14 days since your surgery it is not uncommon to feel your breathing is the same or worse than it was before surgery due to swelling and inflammation inside your airway. Most likely your breathing will improve with time as the swelling subsides and your airway opens up. I would follow-up with your surgeon and follow whatever program they recommend to aid with post-operative nasal congestion and hygiene.

Gary Motykie, MD