Is it normal that my TT scar is more puckered now than a week ago? 12 days post op

I'm 12 days post op TT and a week ago my scar looked like a cleaner cut than it does today. It also looked like a thinner. It's more puckered than before. Is that normal? Shouldn't it look smoother as time goes on? Not more rough?

Healing process

The lumpiness, swelling, itching and hardness after a surgery like you had typically persists at least 8 weeks after the surgery then slowly goes away. In my experience, daily massage of the hard areas makes the biggest difference in getting rid of it sooner rather than later. It can easily take 6 months or more to see results. Your tummy tuck scars will usually flatten and fade between 9-12 months but can sometimes take closer to 18 months. Scar fading depends on your genetics. Be sure to keep any scheduled follow up appointments you have with your surgeons for his evaluation and advice. Hope this helps.

Dean Vistnes, M.D.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area

#realself #drdeanvistnes #tummytuck

Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

TT Scar

Difficult to answer without a photo. Healing is variable. If you want a better response, please provide a photo.

Tummy tuck at 12 days

Swelling usually gets worse before it gets better.  You need to give it time to settle over time. This may take 4-6 months minimum.

Scars

Scarring is  a continually changing process until 1 years time.  It is normal for the scar to look worse before it looks better.  

Tyler C. Street, MD
Napa Plastic Surgeon