Is it normal to have dry, flaky skin and a breakout after enzyme peel?

I had an enzyme peel last week, now I am breaking out and I have really dry skin. I didn´t change anything so that is the only thing that can cause it. What should I do?

Hi Jan, Enzyme peels can dry your skin out after you have had them, so this is normal. Your skin could be broken out because of hormones, lack of sleep, and other stress. If you honestly feel like the enzyme peel is breaking you out go back to the doctor who peeled you and speak to them directly. In the meantime, do not pick at your pimples and make sure you wear an oil free sunblock with at least a SPF 30 every day. Good luck, Dr. Downie

Montclair Dermatologic Surgeon