Neuromodulators, like Botox for facial flushing / redness. Is there a doctor who has administered with success?

I have seen and heard of individuals with facial flushing and redness try Botox injections with success. Has any doctor (NJ, NY or CT) administered Botox for facial flushing / redness and what was the outcome ?

Botox and other treatments for Rosacea

There are many treatments for facial rosacea, from diet restrictions to new topical treatments such as Soolantra and Mirvaso.  Mirvaso applied topically reduces facial redness for up to 12 hours after a single application.  I also prefer the V-Beam for facial redness as it treats the redness of rosacea with great results.  Botox has been described but in this case is off-label and not FDA approved.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist with a great deal of experience with facial rosacea.

Facial flushing is best treated with vascular laser

I like the Excel V laser for treating flushing, with is just a variation of rosacea. It requires about 3 treatments and will need touch ups about yearly. If wanting to do superficial Botox on the face, I do that too, mainly for acne clients. I use a device that places small amounts of Botox even throughout the face, just in the dermis, so there is no risk of muscle weakness. It works great for acne.

Steven F. Weiner, MD