How could I make my neck slimmer? (photos)

I dislike my face profile and was playing around with a photo to find a more desirable one. I realized that my biggest issue is how wide my neck is. If possible, what would you recommend to slim it?

Kybella can slim down the neck

Kybella is the only FDA approved injectable drug used to treat the submental fat that causes a double chin. It destroys the fat cells and prevents the fat from reaccumulating. It has produced amazing results and is associated with very little downtime, with most going to work the next day. Depending on how much fat is in the submental region, the typical number of treatments ranged from 2-4 for maximal results. You would probably only require 1-2 treatments. Theoretically, the fat cells that are destroyed do not regenerate so it is considered a long lasting treatment. 

Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Neck slimming

There are two treatments you can consider - Kybella and Coolmini. Both are non-invasive and FDA approved for treating submental fat. 

Kybella is a injectable medication that destroys fat cells. It requires multiple injections in the affected area and usually 2 or more treatments. How quickly you notice improvement can vary from person to person. 

Coolmini selectively freezes the unwanted fat. Once the fat thaws out, the fat cells break down resulting in improvement over several weeks. Sometimes these treatments can be combined to maximize results as well. 

As with any cosmetic treatment, it is important to consult a board certified physician who has experience with these treatments. Once you have your consultation your doctor can determine which treatment will be best suited for you.

Jennifer Chwalek, MD

Neck slimming with Kybella

Thank you for your question cedge113. Kybella is an outstanding treatment for the double chin and to improve jawline definition. It can be used for many people. Combining with other modalities such as Cool Sculpting or radiofrequency can provide further benefits. Please consult with a doctor for specific advice. Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician

How could I make my neck slimmer?

Yes, Kybella® is the current gold standard for dissolving fat deposits for neck. Early clinical opinion seems to indicate that the ideal Kybella® candidate is young.

Manjula Jegasothy, MD
Miami Dermatologist

Kybella to help define your profile

Thank you for your question. From looking at your pictures, it does not seem that your neck has any extra fat on it. I would suggest trying to define your chin with Kybella. This will give you a more defined profile. Kybella is non-invasive procedure with no downtime. It is an injectable that permanently destroys fat cells in the targeted areas. At my practice our patients have been very pleased with the results of Kybella for defining their jawline. Most patients require between 2-4 sessions for optimal results. If you are interested please see a qualified physician. Best of luck!

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Hi there, Kybella is probably not going to give you drammatic results since you don't appear to have much neck fat for it to target, but what I would suggest is doing some chin enhancement with fillers. As you make your jaw line bigger your neck will naturally appear smaller. We do this procedure fairly commonly at our offices in Ohio and NYC.

Justin Harper, MD
Columbus Physician

Neck Slimming

Kybella is a way to reduce the submental fat and have a nicer jaw line. I also combine this treatment with Thermage to tighten the skin in the neck as well.  Please consult an expert. Best, Dr. Green

Double Chin Treatment / Laxity-- SmartLipo/VASER/ThermiRF, Botox, Venus Legacy, Kybella, CoolMini

Kybella is a great option for small amounts of fat removal below the chin. I am a national trainer for kybella and have done many younger patients. We have a special combination using kybella with radio frequency (thermiRF) treatments to improve the results and get results quicker with less medication. I suggest you see an expert to determine what your best treatment is. Best, Dr. Emer.

How could I make my neck slimmer?

Hello Cedge113,

The picture you showed you wanted to achieve about you not liking how wide your neck is from front to back is not realistic.  There are important structures in your neck including blood vessels, nerves, muscles, and bones that all take up space.  You do not appear to have any significant fat in the front part of your neck in the photos you showed.  There is a slight fullness in your chin area and there are things that can treat that area (such as Kybella) but this would not achieve the goal you created with your photo shop photo.  

I'd recommend you consult with a facial plastic surgeon or plastic surgeon to go over your options and make sure that whatever is planned is realistically in line with your goals.

I hope this helps and good luck.  

William Marshall Guy, MD
The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon

Neck Slimming with Kybella

There really is no way to decrease the circumference of your neck as it appears you have suggested in your pictures.  One treatment that you may be interested in is Kybella.  These injections in your submental area (under your chin) can help melt the fat.  This will help improve your cervicalmental angle which may be a look closer to what you are trying to achieve.  Neck liposuction is also an option, but you would need to be seen in consultation to determine if you are a good candidate.

Good Luck

David Shafer, MD