Neck lift and upper eye lid surgery, how long is down time? (photo)

I want to get upper eyelid fat removed and hood opened and chin,neck lift?? What is down time on these 2 procedures..thanx

Neck Lift and Upper Eyelid Recovery

Thank you for your question. We advise a recovery period, of 5 - 7 days, for an upper eyelids and two weeks for lower lids.  For patients who bruise easily, recovery may be slightly longer.  Cool whitchazel compresses (dampen cotton pads with whitchazel, cooled in the fridge), post surgery, are very helpful in reducing swelling and providing relief.  Sleep with your head elevated, for the first few nights, this will also aid in reducing swelling.  Neck Lift I advise my patients 7-10 days (however 2-3 weeks if my patients have neck lipo)Best of Luck!

London Plastic Surgeon

Downtime for neck and eyelids

Thank you for the question. The downtime is about 2 weeks for the eyelids and s little longer for the face. Your upper eyelids do not look ready for surgery in your photograph. Make sure you do not get a hollowed appearance in that area by taking out too much fat. Good luck.

Neck lift and eyelid surgery

The down time associated with a neck lift and eyelid surgery will be 2 weeks. This will allow  the visible bruising and swelling to subside and at that point  make up can be applied to camouflage any other minor irregularities during healing process. Full healing takes approximately 2 months  all of the edema and incisions to settle down

Neck and Eyes Downtime

Initial recovery for a necklift and eyelid lift is usually about 1 to 2 weeks. You can expect some bruising and swelling of the eyes and neck that could last up to 2 weeks. Typically there is minimal pain associated with face and eyelid lifts. There are OTC supplements that can help minimize swelling and bruising (Arnica, Bromlain). Before starting any of these supplements I would discuss the options with your surgeon.

Face and eyes downtime

Expect one to two weeks downtime for eyes and face. There will be bruising around the eyes and neck that can last between 1-2 weeks.  Sutures are removed within 1-2 weeks for most treatment.

Recover time for neck, face and eyelid lift

Every patient heals differently and different surgeon's techniques heal differently. In general, a neck and eyelid lift takes about a week for the stitches to come out and usually another 4 to 7 days to put makeup over any bruised areas. In summary about 2 weeks as a general rule of thumb. Consult with your board certified plastic surgeon to verify their expected recovery times for each procedure.

Alexander G. Digenis, MD

Recovery Time

Having both procedures done at the same time is advantageous because they are both in the same recovery period.  In general, upper eyelid surgery is about a 7 day recovery time.  You will experience some bruising and swelling, but the pain is usually minimal.

The chin and neck lift, depending on the surgical technique used, is generally a 7-10 day recovery period.  Again, some bruising and swelling is typical, but recovery should not be overly painful.

The main issue that could prolong your recovery greater-than-average bruising.  To help minimize your chance of bruising, be sure to avoid any medications before surgery that may thin your blood.  Also, follow your surgeon's pre and postoperative instructions closely.  That will help maximize your results and minimize your recovery time.

Kyle T. Yamamoto, MD
Reno Facial Plastic Surgeon