I'm a month post-rhinoplasty and I notice a little bump on the bridge of my nose. Any suggestions?

I'm a month post surgery. I had a bump on the bridge of my nose due to trauma so my nose was leaning downwards. He fixed the bone and a bit from the tip of my nose. I've noticed a little bump on the right side of the bridge of my nose, at first it looked like a pimple under the skin that's causing the swelling and redness, but it's been more than a week now, what could this be?? I've noticed little bumps above my nostrils on the sides (mainly on the left) Will they both go away with time?

1 month post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire. It's too early to make value judgments with 1 month after a rhinoplasty. Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity. In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months. To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you. Kind regards,  Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Bump on nose

You should see your surgeon, but it is probably just some blockage of the oil glands in the skin, which is common and nothing serious. All the best, Dr Steve Merten, Sydney, Australia

Rhinoplasty and bumps

At one month out you are still healing. This may resolve with time as the swelling subsides  As for what to do, if you have concerns see your surgeon in person.

Bumps on nose post rhinoplasty

Without an examination, no one can answer this question. I would recommend you see your surgeon, who may be able to assist with this. It may be small amount of scar tissue, sometimes able to be treated with an injection.

Rick Rosen, MD
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty 1 month post op

Thank you for your question.You are only one month into your recovery period. Healing can take anywhere from 12-18 months. Swelling will cause the nose to look unsymmetrical and larger in some areas, this should resolve over time. Bumps on the bridge of the nose are a very common complaint after rhinoplasty and can represents swelling of the lining over the bone called Periosteum. I usually have my patients massage this area four times a day and apply tape to compress the area for up to three months. I would re-evaluate after 18 months and if you are still unhappy with your results or there is some unevenness, I would consult with your surgeon or seek another board certified plastic surgeon who specialized in rhinoplasty for a revision. I hope this helps.
Best of luck in your recovery!

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty recovery

At 1 month, you are very early in your recovery period and the nose is expected to be quite swollen at this point.The swelling during this time is rarely symmetric. One side will always resolve more quickly than the other. The majority of the swelling will resolve in 3-6 months, and will continue to resolve as your nose heals for up to 1-2 years. You have not reached your final shape as the nose will continue to heal and reduce in size for up to a year. Once it does reach its final shape you may be more pleased with the appearance of your nose. Follow up closely with your surgeon to ensure the best result.

Donald B. Yoo, MD