Almost 1 month post op after BBL - butt is too large?

I had my procedure done oct 7th and had lipo and a bbl. The amount of fat transferred was 375 cc, which seems conservative from what I have read. I realize it is still early, but my Butt is so large and in charge! I was looking for more of a subtle change to the shape but now have very wide hips as well. During my post op appointment last week, my doctor told me this will be very close to my actual result. Can anyone advise??

This may well change with time.  You are still early in your recovery.

Your result is not final

if you're worried about your buttocks being too large today, you may very well wish your buttocks were larger four months from now.

Many patients are concerned about their buttocks being too large in the early postoperative phase. Be patient and work with your plastic surgeon. 350 mL is a very small amount and it is highly unlikely that you will be too large at 4 months

best regards

Brazilian butt lift results

Thank you for your question. After a brazilian butt lift surgery there is a predictable swelling process that mostly resolves over two months, when the final result really settles in.  The fat that survives is there permanently. As we discussed around 70% of fat that is grafted is typically expected to survive long term. If you want you butt to look smaller after everything has settle, then try to lose some weight by doing cardio exercise and reducing your caloric intake. This will help you lose overall fat including your buttocks. Good luck!

BBL

Generally, most of the swelling has resolved by 6-8 weeks and you should start to see your final results by then. During the recovery period leading up to that your buttocks will continue to change slightly as the swelling resolves but my 8 weeks you should be able to get an idea of what your final outcome will look like. If you wish for it to be smaller, I would recommend reducing your caloric intake and incorporating cardio into your daily routine. This will help you lose weight overall and in the buttocks. Best of luck in your recovery.
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

BBL

At one month you are probably nearing the point where a lot of swelling has gone down.  Best of luck with your results.

Too early to judge on the final result. You are still at the healing stage. The area in your lower back will be still bruised and swollen and this will take 8-12 weeks to settle. Wear your garment and keep your follow up with your surgeon. You have to give your body at least 12 weeks to start seeing results and final results can take 3-6 months depending the way your body heals.

Best of Luck!!

Rami Ghurani, MD

The amount of fat that was transferred is conservative and you are probably still swollen.  Your body is going through the healing process and final results might take 2-3 months. 

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills General Surgeon

Swelling after BBL

I usually tell my patients that at 1 month after a BBL, they will likely still be more swollen in the buttocks and liposuction sites than they will eventually be. That said, every patient is different in terms of how much they swell and how long they remain swollen, so I would not think that your final results will be set in stone until at least 6 months out from surgery. 

Tracy Kayan, MD
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon