Looking to have a Mommy make over with BL and maybe a BBL. If done in 2 separate procedures, which should be done first?

I am 47 years old, 5'2, and @ 117 pounds. I've already had a few mommy makeover consults and I am a candidate. I'm thinking I may want to add a bbl. My question is.. If I do the mm first, will I have enough fat to have the bbl at a later date? How long would the recovery period be if I did it all in one procedure. I'm only going to be able to take 3 weeks off from work. Living in NYC, I take a bus and subway to work. I need to be able to get around easy enough after 3 weeks.

Breast lift and BBL

A breast lift might be able to be performed at the same time as a BBL. It really depends upon your overall medical condition.

MM and BBL

Safety is a priority for me in my practice.  I would recommend performing the Brazilian Buttlift first, then the Breastlift with Abdominoplasty. It may be a bit much to recover from all three surgeries at once in addition to a VERY long anesthesia.  I recommend an in-office examination as well as a detailed discussion with a surgeon who you are comfortable with and who is a board-certified Plastic Surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Best wishes! Dr. Desai
Harvard Educated, Beverly Hills & Miami Beach Trained, Double-Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Mommy makeover

I do not recommend fat grafting to the buttocks at the same time as tummy tuck- risks are increased and it is quite difficult to recuperate without straining the abdomen and jeopardizing the fat grafts.Since fat is needed for the graft, we usually perform this first - you may be a candidate to avoid a tummy tuck. We use Vaser ultrasound liposuction for our BBLs and it gives skin tightening.  A breast lift can be combined at the same time.If you are a tummy tuck candidate, I recommend this be done as a second stage, possibly within your time frame.An exam and consultation with a plastic surgeon who performs these procedures is recommended to confirm you are a candidate as well as discuss your options and expectations. 

Mommy makeover

Thank you for the question. You may be a good candidate to have the procedures done together as long as the surgical time does not go beyond 6 hours and you'll benefit from using the extra fat for the BBL. The recovery period of 3 weeks is reasonable for the full mommy makeover. Discuss your concerns and goals with your surgeon so you can have a clear plan and feel comfortable moving forward. Best of luck!Dr. Khuthaila 

Dana Khuthaila, MD, FACS

Mommy makeover

Hello and thank you for your question.   You can do BBL with a mommy makeover at the same time or you can stage the procedure.  I have done these procedures together in many patients.  If you are an appropriate candidate, the tummy tuck can be done through a low and short incision, all completely below the bikini line.  Your muscles can also be plicated resulting in a flat abdomen.  Breast lift with implants can give shape and perkiness to the breasts.   Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue!

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD