Can minor cauliflower ear be corrected?

About a year ago I injured my ear and developed a small hematoma. It resulted in thickening a portion of my cartilage (only I really notice it but it bothers me), it does not look like one of those typical ugly cauliflower ears. How difficult would it be to remove this small piece of excess cartilage/scar tissue? I also had a small laceration in the area, would it be possible to reopen this scar to remove it rather than creating a new scar?

Ear evaluation

Hello and thank you for your question. This certainly may be possible to fix.   I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon