Will mid-face augmentation surgery be dangerous because of my rhinoplasty implant?

I'd like surgery in the future tofix my nasolabial folds (e.g. midface implants or paranasal implants) but am scared an intraoral incision will lead my nose implant to become infected due to exposure to open air. In rhinoplasty I will need a custom carved medpor implant for nasal valve collapse. Part of the implant goes into my pyriform aperture area but I don't know how the pocket for that is formed. Is that the case? #midface augmentation #medpor infection #implant #infection #prior surgery

Facial implants

Hello and thank you for your question. Piriform aperture implants should not interfere with placement of midface implants as long as the piriform aperture implants are in the appropriate anatomical location.  I recommend medpor implants with screw fixation.  Silicone implants in the midface tend to undergo malrotation over time.   The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

MIdface Augmentation

The pocket location of paranasal and nasal implants are very different so they will not connect or communicate. Thus what happens to one will not affect the other.

Implants in face

I think that  most surgeons are now tending to inject fat rather than having facial implants placed...