Which is the best method to getting an hourglass glass shape when having an inverted triangle shape? (Photos)

Which is the best method to getting an hourglass glass shape. I want my shoulders and hips to be the same width. Since my shoulders are so broad. I have an inverted triangle shape. I weight 200 pounds and i am 5'7. below are my photos

How To Get an Hour Glass Figure in NYC

Dear Jennifer, Thank you for posting your question with your photos. After examining your photos, it appears that you would benefit from liposuction of the waist and fat transfer to your buttocks, commonly referred to as a Brazilian Burr Lift (BBL). I recommend that you have an in person consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with body contour surgery, who can examine you, answer your questions, listen to your goals, show you many of their before and after BBL results, and recommend your best surgical option. Best wishes, Dr. Richard Swift

Getting hour glass shape

Thank you for asking about your ideal shape.

• I think the best approach is to start with a plastic surgery consultation.
  • You might need some liposuction and fat transfers.
  • If possible, it might also help to lose some weight if that is reasonably possible

Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.  Best wishes. Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Hourglass figure

You are certainly a candidate for liposuction of the midline. I would caution against excessive intervention, however. Body shapes go in and out of fashion but aren't as easily changed as your wardrobe.  A few years ago, patients complained about their hourglass figures! See a board certified plastic surgeon who can go over the risks and benefits of various procedures. Best wishes.

It sounds like you might be a good candidate for a BBL. Best to be seen in person to be properly evaluated.  

You likely need a combination of liposuction, fat grafting and possible a tummy tuck. See a board certified plastic surgeon in your area. 

Matthias Solomon, MD

Waist definition

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from waistline contouring liposuction and fat grafting to the buttocks.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Hourglass Figure

Jennifer.    It sounds like you would be a good candidate for a combination of a solid work out regimen to firm and accentuate muscles combined with liposuction. Be sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD

Body contouring

A combination of liposuction and fat grafting is oftentimes an excellent way to get the figure you're looking for.  In order to get a qualified, ethical, and expert opinion on your surgical options and expectations, always have an in-person consultation with a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

Keith M. Blechman, MD
New York, NY

From your photos, you appear to be an excellent candidate for Vaser Hi definition liposculpture with fat grafting to the buttocks.  You should get a great result from liposculpture, giving you a more contoured and hourglass shape with better projection to your buttocks.

Vaser Hi Definition liposuction uses the concepts of negative and positive spaces in relation to the underlying bony and muscle anatomy to define areas such as your six pack and create an athletic looking physique.

Cost varies by geographic location, surgeon expertise, OR time, anesthesia, length of procedure etc.  I would recommend that you see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area who specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery and who is also a member of The American Society of Plastic Surgery.  You can call their offices in advance and ask for quotes prior to scheduling consultations.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz