What medical supplies will I need for after the surgery?

what are the specific thing I will need after I've had my procedure done. (Ex. Compression socks, etc.)

Supplies

Any good surgeon will go over everything you need after y our surgery. Here, we don't even know what kind of surgery you are having. 

Supplies after a BBl

It is best to run it by your surgeon. Sometimes they recommend gauze to cover sutures sites or even pads to place down on furniture so that you do not leak fluid on the furniture.

I would recommend that you consult with your surgeon before surgery.  Chux pads and ABD pads seem to be helpful for patients right after surgery.  Specific garments and pillows will be recommended by your surgeon.  Seek a plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of these procedures, has great reviews and photos, and is an expert in this field.

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills General Surgeon

BBL

I would discuss this with your plastic surgeon because some may provide you with post-operative recovery essentials such as compression garments, BBL pillow, body wash (Hibiclens) etc and some require you to purchase these things yourself. You will also want to have somebody stay with you for the first 24 hours at minimum to help you and keep an eye on your incase any complications arise. Other than that be sure to have all of your medications filled, maybe get a nice comfortable pillow, ice pack and some high protein foods for your recovery. Best of luck.
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implant

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you will be healing following surgery.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon