Would a medi spa be the right place to receive Kybella treatments? (Photo)

I am looking into getting Kybella treatments to address my chin fullness, which seems to be hereditary and worsens as I age.

Personally, I always think it best to go to a board certified plastic surgeon or cosmetic dermatologist with a lot of experience with injectables. Skill and experience play a crucial role in results. Hope this helps. 

Kouros Azar

Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Kybella Treatment

Regardless of whether you choose a Medi Spa or physician office, I would ensure that the facility you choose is operated by a board certified plastic surgeon to ensure your safety and optimal result.  I recommend an in person consultation to evaluate for fullness under the chin as well as laxity, as they both play a role in determining the efficacy of your Kybella treatment. 

Nana N. Mizuguchi, MD, FACS

#Kybella at MediSpa

You will want to be  evaluated and treated by a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon for Kybella treatment. An in-depth understanding of face and neck anatomy and the physiologic effects of deoxycholic acid are necessary for a good result.  You appear to be a good candidate for Kybella.  All the best,   Dr. Clark

Sheryl D. Clark, MD

Kybella and board certified dermatologist.....

Thanks for your question and photos. Kybella is performed by an experienced board certified dermatologist. When considering a doctor, it’s important to select one that is board certified in an area that includes specific training in cosmetic surgery procedures, such as dermatology. Additionally, you can get a better idea of their work by looking at before and after photos from their website or at the time of your consultation. For more information, I encourage you to visit my website as I am local. Best of luck in your search. 

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Kybella and Physician

Kybella is a permanent injection and should only be injected by a board certified qualified dermatologist.  I would not recommend a med-spa for such an important permanent procedure.  Best, Dr. Green

Kybella with an experienced injector

Always make sure that you are going to an experienced injector that is a board certified physician. Kybella is very safe, but as anything, has risks associated with it that require a thorough understanding of facial anatomy. You do appear to be a great candidate for it.  

Michael T. Somenek, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hello, and thanks for your question and photos. In order to determine the best treatment plan for you, I recommend an in-person consultation with a well-trained dermatologist or plastic surgeon. While proven to be safe, there have been complications from Kybela injections, and you really want to be treated by someone with an excellent understanding of the relevant anatomy. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.    

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Kybella and under chin fullness

kybella if injected in the wrong depth or area can result in injury. It is important to be evaluated for realistic  expectations on the number of treatments that may be required. The treatment should be administered by a trained physician.  If the Medi-spa is lead by a physician, I don't see any harm in it.  But if you are not being evaluated before, I would seek another provider.

Kybella treatments

Kybella in the hands of a trained, experienced physician would be the recommended treatment for your concerns. It is in your best interest to work with a physician who has been trained in the treatment and has experience in any procedure you ultimately determine to undergo. I would be cautious about any Medi-Spa that doesn't encourage meeting and discussing your needs and questions with the physician before choosing to initiate any procedure.

Pamela Stuart, MD
San Jose Physician

Where to obtain Kybella?

Dear bkthickumz,Thank you for you inquiry. Not all clinics, offices, medispas are created alike. The most important factor is the amount of training, certification, experience and supervision of the individual doing the injections. Knowledge of the complex anatomy of this region is very important to avoid potential injury/complications.

Paul Pietro, MD
Greenville Physician