Mastopexy (no implant) for small, tubular breasts? (photos)

I gained 30 pounds in very little time about two years ago. I've lost the weight but my breasts sagged pretty badly, have a tubular form, and unfortunately are riddled with stretchmarks. I'm only 18, never had kids, etc. Would a mastopexy + an areola reduction without implants be possible for me? I know scars are an issue but I'm not too worried becaude I don't scar badly. I just want them to be perky again. Thanks.

Your breasts

Leave y our breasts alone, they are not tubular and are also not saggy enough to require a lift. The minor change you will see from any surgery other than an augmentation will not be enough to make y ou happy with your breasts. Get used to them the way they are -- they are perfectly normal. 

Mastopexy with no implant

Thank you for your question and for your photo. I believe that you could achieve a nice look with a breast lift, as long as you understand they will appear smaller. You can always enlarge them later in your life if you choose. I would recommend consulting with at least 3 board certified plastic surgeons in order to review all your options and to find someone with whom you are comfortable with.

Breast Lift Options

Thank you for your question and photo. A circumareolar breast lift would resize and reposition your areolas if you wish. You do not present with much sagging. This would provide you a subtle change. Breast implants could be considered to expand the breast base and provide a fuller look if you wish. I recommend that you book an in person consultation with a board certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss your goals and expectations. They will likely suggest a couple of options and let you know what to expect with each.
All the best

Mastopexy vs pexy-aug vs just augmentation vs "nothing"

you have a few options in my opinion and need to work out whats best for you together with an experienced plastic surgeon. the improvement you gain from mastopexy may not be worth the scar tradeoffs involved. a modest augment alone may be perfect for you and give you the illusion of perkiness you desire. if you MUST have smaller areolae, then the mastopexy is the only way to get there.

Bruce K. Barach, MD
Schenectady Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift and areola reduction

You can definitely get a breast lift and areola reduction without implants based on the info you’ve provided. Your breasts don’t appear to be too saggy, so a minor lift would only be necessary.

I would recommend a breast lift with a peri-areolar approach. An implant would give your breast a better final aesthetic result.  I recommend an in-office examination as well as a detailed discussion with a surgeon who you are comfortable with and who is a board-certified Plastic Surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Best wishes! Dr. Desai
Harvard Educated, Beverly Hills & Miami Beach Trained, Double-Board Certified Plastic Surgeon  

A mastopexy may accomplish what you want, but an implant inside will probably give it a better shape as well.

Your breasts do not appear to be tuberous although you do have a high inframamary crease. A vertical breast lift with areolar reduction can be performed to restore the perkiness of your breasts. DrBurnett#realself100

Breast lift with areola reduction

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you could benefit from a periareolar breast lift with an areola reduction.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Mastopexy (no implant) for small, tubular breasts?

Fortunately you do not have tubular breasts. You have ptosis-mild sagging from weight loss. A mastopexy alone-possibly periareolar with areola reduction should give you a nice result. Consult at least two board certified plastic surgeons.