From male to female! How can I achieve this result? (Photos)

I've always wanted a more oval face. I'm going to start the transition next year, I want a result like the picture below mine, of course I do not want to look like a copy of that transgender woman because that would be hard to do and because I want to be myself, but I want her oval shape, which procedures do I need and how much will it cost?

Doctor Answers 2

Facial Feminization Surgery

Thank you for your question and photos. There are several areas that can be modified to achieve a feminine look, albeit, hard to promise exactness to the picture you posted. I think you need forehead contouring, hairline advancement (if you were not wearing a hairpiece) and browlift; these procedures will feminize the upper third of the face and give you more attractive brow area. Next, a rhinoplasty to narrow the nose and refine the tip and dorsum for a small and feminine (but not overdone) looking nose. The jaw needs to be contoured from the sides to create a sleeker look with less strength and more pointy than square appearance. A lift lift can feminize the area around the mouth and make it look more attractive. Consult a surgeon who has been trained in FFS surgery for more information. Good luck

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 6 reviews

Changing the shape of your face

First, even though you are not transitioning until next year, consider having a consultation with an FFS surgeon to discuss non surgical steps you can be taking in the lead up to the big day.  Stabilizing you hairline, skin care, hormone therapy, and hair removal and all important things to know about.  After taking care of these other non surgical steps, there are several things you can do to change the shape of your face.  When compared to the woman in the other photo, you have a wider chin, fuller cheeks, and move volume loss under your eyes.  Cheek implants, a buccal fat removal, and mandible contouring will help create a more tapered and feminine lower face.  You also have some temporal recession of the hairline.  A hairline advancement could round that out and make the top of your face appear less square and lift your eyebrows.  At the same time the brow bone could be reduced and the bony orbits opened - that won't change the shape of your face as much, but would be the most feminizing of all of the procedures.  Finally, a rhinoplasty to give you a more feminine nose would complete the transformation.  

Bryan Rolfes, MD

Bryan Rolfes, MD
Minneapolis Otolaryngologist
5.0 out of 5 stars 5 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.