Male facelift scars at 5 weeks. Any suggestions?

At 5 weeks after the procedure will the scars be fairly red still or are they easily camouflaged by then ? I have ability to get more time off work but would rather not if they will be mostly faded. Also I know it varies case by case I just wonder if in general theyll be faded.

Facelift: incisions

Every patients heals at their own pace. At 5 weeks, pink incisions are common. On average, facelift scars can stay pink in patients for several months, and fade over time. I've seen them fade in a  few weeks.... and I've seen them take up to a year. There are cover ups like dermablend that can be matched to your skin type.  Stay in touch with your surgeon to see if they have any recommendations with regards to speeding up your healing process. Sometimes a laser such as v-beam can help. 

Bridgewater Facial Plastic Surgeon

Scar Healing At 5 Weeks

Thank you for your question.  As you suggested it does depend on individual cases and surgeons techniques, typically the incision will be slightly pink, however nothing that a good cover up foundation couldn't disguise.  I know some patients have used Dermablend Professional Concealer or Foundation.  All The Best 

Post op healing

In general, your scars will probably still be pink at 5 weeks post op, but you should be able to camouflage them with some makeup. Giorgio Armani makes one that provides good coverage without looking fake. Hope this helps.

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Visibility of male facelift incisions at five weeks?

Generally I would expect some redness to be present 5 to 6 weeks after her facelift surgery especially in the mail.  Borrow some cover up makeup from your wife/girlfriend or go to a department store and get durable and for brief use.  Also while your incisions are red be certain to stay out of the sun.  Good luck,

Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
ABC-TV Extreme Makeover Surgeon
Beverly Hills, California

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Facel

Unfortunately it does take time for facelift scars to fade-even in the best cases there will be some pink discoloration for 6-8 weeks. That said, they are typically very faint and not obvious after a few weeks. In addition, hair can be worn to cover the scars. Also, camouflage make-up can be conservatively applied to further minimize. 

Mark Hamilton, MD
Indianapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Male facelift scars

Although the scars from facelifts eventually are very difficult to see in most people, they are hard to camouflage at five weeks in males, mainly because we tend to wear our hair shorter. Everyone heals differently, but I would expect that a male would have to wear some dermablend during the first few weeks to adequately camouflage the incision.

Ben Lee, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Facelift scars

Facelift scars stay red any where from six weeks to six months. The best option is to use a cover up such as Dermablend (available at macys). The idea sounds difficult for men but it works and is better than taking a long time off from work. 

Regards

Dr. J

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Male facelift scars

Scars take time to fade unfortunately, and at 6 weeks will still be red and evident. Hair can hide some of the scar, leaving the beard slightly stubbily as well can assist. 

Rick Rosen, MD
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon

Male facelift

All face lift scars are likely to be red at 5 weeks post-op. These often go on to fade with time. During the early post-op period, light makeup can cover the incisions pretty well. Most men can cover the incisions with their hair and I try to hide them within the ear notch as well. 

Scar healing process is time consuming. Be patient!

Scars and redness from surgery can be visible especially during the 6 months post-op period. You may apply anti-scar cream on the incision area such as Mederma. Scar gel such as Dermetrix or Cica care also helps reduce scar.