- Sorry about your surgical and filler problems.
- Since you had surgery to remove fillers, I would not myself recommend more fillers now.
- Steroids can be tried - with your surgeon's approval - but I suggest waiting 3 more months.
- Some of the scarring will improve as surgery heals.
- If I were to treat you, I would suggest fat transfers at 6-12 months after surgery. Best wishes.
The irregularities in your face may improve as time progresses and more healing occurs. I would avoid early injection of steroids (kenalog), as this can cause further soft tissue atrophy. Howver, conservative injection of hyaluronic acid gel fillers can camouflage irregularities (if carefully performed).
Dear angel, thank you for your question.Swelling after a facelift may persists from
weeks to months, causing bumps or asymmetries to appear. In San Diego, we monitor our patients closely
for one year to address any issues. Follow up with your surgeon to check if this
is swelling versus something else and if treatment is indicated. Best of Luck.
If you are my patient I would encourage you not to do anything to the face until the swelling is totally resolved. Steroids are double-edged sword and adding filler as a camouflaged contributes to local inflammation.
I agree with the suggestion of steroids. Should be started at very low volumes so as not to overdo the intended atrophy. Also 3 months is not a lot of time, you might consider simply waiting longer.