Do I need to lose weight before surgery? (photos)

I will like to get a breast lift no augmentation, Full tummy tuck, And lipo front, flank & back fat transfer to butt as much as possible, what will me the max fat that can be transfer to the but, but most important Do I need to lose weight before surgery, I'm 34 Ys 5'2, and I weight 158lb. Thanks in advance..

Do I need to lose weight before surgery?

Thank you for your questiona and photo, What is your ideal weight loss ? if you are fine with your current weight loss then it is the perfect time for you to have surgery, consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your options. Best wishes.

Weight Loss Prior to Surgery in Melbourne, FL.

Of course, it is always best to be at one’s ideal weight before body contouring surgery.  If you are not at your ideal weight, then at least a stable weight that you can maintain would make the most sense.  This will enable you to get the best possible cosmetic results.  Having said that, there are many people who are not able to reach their ideal body weight who still benefit immensely from body contouring surgery and perhaps are most motivated by using it as a jump start to further exercise and weight loss efforts.  This question would be best resolved with a complete discussion with your board-certified plastic surgeon.  I hope this is information is helpful to you.  Best of luck!

Amy Ortega, MD
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Weight Control and the Mommy Makeover

The Mommy Makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BreastSurgery are performed. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair.  The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, or #breastreduction. In addition to a one-on-one consultations with a board certified Plastic Surgeon, patients always need to be seen by their primary care doctor prior to such procedures.  We screen every patient and their medical records for risks of blood clots (DVT) and then take appropriate measures.  MWL (massive weight loss patients of  75 lbs or more) tend to have poor skin elasticity and will frequently need additional tightening even afte 6 -12 months regardless of who or how their surgery is performed. This is simply the nature of such body tissues and the ability to heal with the lack or limited elasticity.

Mommy makeover

Thank you for your question.It is best to be at your ideal weight before under going surgery. You will achieve the best results this way. Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your options. Best wishes.

Thank you for your question.  Generally, it's best to be stable close to your ideal weight before surgery.  In your case, this will optimize your aesthetic results.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck.

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Weight loss before surgery

Yes, weight loss before surgery will give you a better cosmetic outcome and reduce your risk of complications. Try to have the surgery at a stable weight that you can realistically maintain. Based on your height you may want to be closer to 130 lbs, but consult with a plastic surgeon in person for more specific recommendations.Best wishes,Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD

Do I need to lose weight before mommy makeover surgery?

Thank you for the question and pictures. Generally speaking, it is always best to achieve long-term stable weight prior to proceeding with mommy makeover surgery. Doing so, will increase the safety of the operation, will likely improve the outcome of the operation, and will decrease chances that additional surgery will become necessary subsequently. In my practice, I do not ask specific patients to achieve a specific weight prior to proceeding with tummy tuck surgery. I simply ask patients to achieve a long-term stable weight where he/she feels comfortable and does not expect significant fluctuation postoperatively.  Whether or not combination surgery should be performed (or whether the procedures should be staged) will depend on many factors, especially safety considerations. Seeking consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons will  be your next/best step.

Weight loss before surgery, some advices:

Thank you very much for this interesting and important question. Trying to lose weight before a surgical procedure its a very delicate matter, since in many cases a restrictive diet can cause problems, such as anemia, electrolyte disturbances, decreased protein, etc ... retarding the healing process and damaging the surgery. For these reasons, if your purpose is to lose weight, i recommend you have a BMI less or equal to 30  In this regard, you must to have a support with a nutritionist, so you can achieve the desired goal, in the most healthy way, without incressing complications risks in the plastic surgery to perform.Kind regards

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Dr derby

Thank you for your question and the photos. It is best to be close to your ideal weight before your procedure and on a healthy diet. You are a good candidate for TT and lipo all around and with fat transfer to the buttocks. Best of luck

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

The Buzz on Mommy Makeovers

Thanks for your great question.  We usually tell patients to get within 10-15 pounds of their ideal weight before having surgery, making them a good surgical candidate and able to get the best results.  Fat can be harvested from your flanks, abdomen and back and then transferred to the buttocks.  Please make sure you see a board certified Plastic Surgeon who has experience in this surgery.  He or she will be able to design a plan for you to get your desired results.  When the surgeon does his/her part and you do your part, it is a win win situation.  Good luck in your search.