How long before I can sleep normally?

I had a breast Augmentation via fat transfer on the 29th of June. It's been 7 days of sleeping upright with my feet elevated. Inam starting to feel very uncomfortable. How long is is recommended to sleel like this do5r after lipo with fat transfer to the breast?

Breast Fat Transfer/ Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you are healing at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I appreciate your question.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

Sleep

When you say sleeping upright, I'm picturing you standing upright and sleeping like a horse. I imagine you mean with your back elevated. Not quite sure why your feet are elevated and how you can do that if your back is elevated at the same time. I certainly would ask your surgeon with the purpose of this is because it doesn't seem to have any bearing on the outcome of the surgery at this point

Sleep

Sleeping

I would suggest asking your surgeon what he/she recommends. Every surgeon has his/her own preference. I ask may patients to sleep on their back for least 4 weeks, and avoid stomach sleeping for 3 months.

Sleeping