Liposuction on the inner thigh. (photo)

I had liposuction about 11 days ago the dr said he remove 500cc I am wearing a gourmet that I bought ...how long do I still wear this gourmet for ...when am I suppose to see good results....

Garment following Liposuction to outer thighs

I recommend my patients use a garment for about 4 weeks following liposuction. We always provide that to our patients so just make it's secure enough to have compression, and i tell my patients give their liposuction up to 6 months before the swelling is totally gone. Good luck!

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

#Liposuction - Liposuction on the inner thigh

Lipo on this region can be tricky as the skin is very thin.  Most surgeons have become increasingly cautious about fat removal in this area.

The specifics of your treatment, including when you'll see results, depend on what you looked like before and on exactly what your surgeon did (how much fat removed and from which areas) so you'll need to talk to him or her to get answers to your question.

In general, though, it takes about 4-6 weeks to see 80% of the result, 3 months for 90% and 6 months (or even longer) for the final result (based on my experience).

I hope that this helps and good luck,

Dr. Alan Engler
Member of #RealSelf500

Swelling after liposuction

You should ask your plastic surgeon about how long he wants to keep you in the garment. We all have different thoughts about this. You can probably just call the office and the office manager would likely know. As far as the swelling goes, usually at about six weeks you can get a very good idea of what your correction will look like. After this point, the swelling goes down very slowly and he'll things are completely healed at about 3 to 6 months.

Ira H. Rex lll, MD
Fall River Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction

Thank you for your question in regards to liposuction. It is best to contact your provider for post-op instructions. Final results can take a few months to see due to the swelling that occurs. 
To be sure, see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery. I hope this helps.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Liposuction of the inner thigh

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

• Generally the liposuction garment is worn for 2 - 6 weeks, depending on whether you find it comfortable and helpful with swelling.
  • Your final result will take 6 months to appear.
  • Tissues swell after liposuction and it takes time for swelling to subside.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Inner thigh liposuction

Inner thigh liposuction like other areas can take 6-8 weeks for most swelling to subside.  But swelling can persist for several months more.  Best of luck.

Compression Garment

Thank you for your question. Each plastic surgeon will have different post operative instructions and it is best to discuss this with your doctor. Best of luck in your recovery. 

Alfred Sofer, MD, FACS
Fairfield Plastic Surgeon

Visible result after liposuction

one can see quite imprvement immediately after liposuction. than gradually develop swelling for 7 to 110 day  and better at the end of one month. improvement goes on 7 to 10 months

we recommand pressure garments  3weeks   ×24 hours  and 3 more weeks 8 to 10 hours a day

Milan Doshi, MCh
India Plastic Surgeon

Lack of results inner thigh liposuction

It's much too soon to judge your final results.

I'm a little surprised your doctor did not review the healing process with you before your procedure.

I am also a little curious why am your doctor did not review the use of compression garments as well.
Almost all plastic surgeons in the United States supply compression garments and give a detailed postoperative instructions.

The healing process and expected results are usually discussed during the consultation.
There's no way of telling if 500 mL is an appropriate amount to remove or not.

There are too many variables.
Inner thigh liposuction is technically difficult and often does not meet patient's expectations unless results and potential results are discussed in detail before the procedure.

It would be unusual for someone such as yourself to not have the inner thighs touch after inner thigh liposuction.

If so much fat was removed that the inner thighs did not touch you would most probably have it disfigurement and serious and irreversible skin problems.

you can start judging results at around six weeks but 3 to 6 months is more realistic before results are final.

Please follow up with your Doctor and ask him or her about your concerns and the appropriate postoperative garments to use.

on a side note I supposed to word gourme could be associated with lack of results after liposuction in other ways.

Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

Liposuction on the inner thigh.

Thank you for your question.  Best to verify compression garment use with your surgeon but in general 6 weeks is usually recommended with ultimate results taking several months to reach their final appearance.  Hope this helps.