Got liposuction with an incision near belly button. Is it safe to get a piercing? (photos)

I got liposuction about 15 months ago and one of the incisions was near my belly button. I want to get a belly button piercing but its right on top of the incision. Is it safe to get it?

Belly Button Piercing After Liposuction

Thank you very much for your question and photographs. It has been 15 months since your liposuction procedure, therefore your incisions are well healed and should not be a problem for your belly button piercing. If you have any further concerns about your liposuction incisions, however, I recommend you contact your operating surgeon.  

Yes - Got liposuction with an incision near belly button. Is it safe to get a piercing? (photos)

You are well passed the time needed to let that incision heal. A belly piercing should be fine and conceal the small scar nicely.Good luck!

Reza Rod, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Piercing

It should not be a problem to get a piercing near the previous liposuction inicision site. Best of luck with your piercing.

Liposuction to abdomen

Hi - the wounds from liposuction 15 months ago will be well healed by now and it will be no problem getting a piercing.