Should I do liposuction? I'm 5'7 ,18 year old female who weighs 138 lbs

i'm 138 lbs but i used to weigh 170. i lost alot of weight from eating very minimum (mostly fruits, veggies, fish and chicken) and exercising on the elliptical. i have noticible weight loss on my chin, arms and stomach but my inner fat thigh won't go away. i've tried everything there is and it drives me crazy!!! should i do liposuction?

Liposuction for inner thighs

Thank you for asking about your inner thigh liposuction.

• Congratulations on losing weight! Well done!
  • Yes, liposuction can change contour and can remove residual fat from the inner thighs.
  • It is a difficult area because removing too much makes the skin loose.
  • See a plastic surgeon to discuss what is involved - but be ready to accept improvement, not perfection to avoid loose skin.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes

Liposuction - Inner Thighs

Thank you for your question. Congratulations on your weight loss!  The inner thighs often have stubborn fat resistant to weight loss. It is best to have an in-person physical examination with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in body contouring. Ask to see before and after photos of similar patients to get an idea of what can be achieved. Hope this helps.

Liposuction?

Liposuction is an ideal tool to remove small pockets of fat that can't be shifted with diet & exercise.  It is not generally used to remove large volumes of fat, nor will it get rid of loose skin.  You sound like you may be a candidate for inner thigh liposuction but you need to be adequately examined & check that your expectations meet what is surgically achievable.  Congratulations on your journey thus far.

Kim Taylor, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

The patient's who do best with liposuction generally are the ones who seem to needed to least.

You seem to have a good body weight. Areas of fat that persist are considered biologically privileged and respond well to liposuction. It sounds like you are an excellent candidate.

Inner Thigh Liposuction

The inner thing area in some women is an  overly developed area of at accumulation that can resist the best diet and weight loss.   Selective liposuction can give very satisfying results both in how your legs looks and how clothes fit.   You will need to see a board certified plastic surgeon who will evaluate the quality of your overlying skin to determine now much fat can be safely removed without causing loose or dimpled skin post-operatively.   

Carlin Vickery, MD

Unwanted Thigh Fat: Lipo vs Non Invasive

Liposuction is one of the most popular procedures in the field of plastic surgery because of its simplicity and effectiveness. There are many different techniques and methods for liposuction, which can be performed on many areas of the body. Other non invasive ways to lose fat from the thighs are Vanquish and Ultrashape. View our website for more information.

Liposuction after Weight Loss

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your weight loss!  Without a physical exam, it is very difficult to say with certainty whether or not you would be a good candidate for a liposuction procedure.  With that said, if you have paid your dues at the gym and still have stubborn fat pockets (such as the inner thighs) that are resistant to your best exercise efforts, liposuction might be a great option for you.  Things to consider before undergoing a liposuction procedure is patients age, skin tone and skin elasticity.  With age and hopefully skin elasticity on your side, liposuction should definitely help to eliminate the localized stubborn inner thigh fat pocket.

I would strongly recommend consulting with a board certified plastic surgeon who is well-experienced with liposuction procedures.  I hope you find this helpful and best of luck!

Congratulations on your weight loss.  If you continue to achieve further weight loss, I would wait until your weight has stabilized before considering liposuction surgery.  You would need to be evaluated in person by a plastic surgeon to determine if you're a good candidate for liposuction at that point.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Liposuction ?

With your history of weight loss and stubborn abdominal fat you may be more of a candidate for a tummy tuck than simply liposuction. An in-office examination will be beneficial for you. 

Liposuction question

Congratulations on your healthy lifestyle. The only way to know for sure if you would be a good candidate for liposuction is with an in person exam. Schedule a consultation with a plastic surgeon. After they interview and examine you they will be able to give you good advice.