Lipedema & Liposuction? (Photo)

Do you think I have lipodema on my legs? Would I profit from liposuction? On my whole legs?

Liposuction Candidate

physical exam would be helpful, but it appears from your photo that you have modest, well defined Lipodystrophy of your upper inner thighs and regions above and medial to your knees. Liposuction is a reasonable option. Be sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck!

Liposuction - good candidate?

Thank you for asking about your legs.
  • You appear to have slightly heavy legs -
  • A caerful small cannula liposuction to re-shape them should be very pleasing.
  • The diagnosis of lipedema is not always clear -
  • You do not have the markedly excessive leg fat that that seems to be the hallmark of the condition.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FAC

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Careful liposuction

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from very careful liposuction of your legs with a goal for a conservative amount of fat removal.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Lipedema diagnosis

Hi there,

Thank you for your question. Even though you are thin and lean, it does appear within these photos alone that you may have lipedema. I would like to understand if you are having any symptoms such as pain, swelling or easy bruisability.  Also, do these symptoms run in your family. Based on these photos alone it appear you have a fullness in your legs, a subtle column like look. The fullness above your knees catches my eye. In lipedema it is a different process in fat storage. It does have the subtle look to lipedema and it would be considered to be early stage one of lipedema. To get an official diagnosis we would need to evaluate you and discuss your symptoms. Please be sure to seek a board-certified surgeon for a proper evaluation and diagnosis. Thank you and best wishes.

David Amron, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Lipedema & Liposuction?

Greetings

Thank you for your question. Physical examination is needed, your evalation of your photos it appers that you need liposuction to reshape them this would give you your desired results.

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon