Lipo on calves in NYC?

Im interested in liposuction on my calves. I have done 10 years ago and it was very successeful since my calves are more fatty than muscles. but I gained over 50lb past 8years. I dont see much doctors who does lipo on calves. Please recommend me doctors in NYC who performs Lipo on calves.
Click here to search for board certified surgeons in your area.

Traveling to see a Lipo doc who can do great calves and ankles is so worth it.

Very few docs can do quality calves and ankles so traveling to see one is in your best interest. It has to be done under local with the smaller canulas and where the doc can stand you up occasionally during the procedure to sculp the calves and ankles nicely.

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Liposuction of the calves

You can search the ASPS website for BC physicians in New York which will be many. Because you have had it in the past it doesn't mean you can't do it again however. When you have your consultation discuss expectation and make sure you will be happy.

Robert Heck, MD, FACS
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction on calves in New York City

Thank you for asking about your calf liposuction.

Go to the website of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons.
All members are Board Certified Plastic Surgeons.
Search by zip code for surgeons near you who specialize in cosmetic surgery.
All well be able to do an excellent calf liposuction for you.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Lipo of the calves

Liposuction of the calves can be performed. But as you said it is not very popular. The literature reports that lipo of the calves and ankles are usually the areas that patients are most disappointed in the results. I think that this is because many have unrealistic expectations in this area. Also there is often prolonged swelling due to gravity.

Liposuction of calves

Calf liposuction is requested far less frequently than other areas so that is perhaps the reason you don't see much about it on Real Self. The first question, whenever there is significant weight gain, is what you could do to lose that excess weight.  The second is your health condition in light of the gain.  The third is earthier more liposuction will leave you disproportional.  See a board certified plastic surgeon who can discuss these issues with you.

Robert L. Kraft, M.D., FACS
Yale Educated Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction of the Calves - NYC

I have extensive experience with liposuction of the calves (and ankles). While not one of the most common targets of liposuction and while some surgeons may not have experience, the procedure can make a very significant improvement in carefully selected patients. Some of my happiest patients have had lipo of the calves and ankles. I am somewhat concerned about the weight gain, and I always counsel patients to get back to ideal weight, or at least lose as much weight as possible, and get to a stable weight, before any surgery, and particularly liposuction.
Best to find a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery that has experience in liposuction of the calves.

John A. Perrotti, MD

Calf Liposuction

Micro-liposuction of the calves is fairly common in my practice, but small cannulas are best to sculpt the region effectively. I caution my patients that swelling after surgery lasts longer than other areas because of the defendant location of the calf region. Be sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD

Liposuction

Hello and thank you for your question. In the appropriate patient, liposuction can be performed in the calves.  As long as there is fatty tissue in the calves, liposuction can be successful. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD