Does my lip plump up again after the swelling is completely gone after juvederm? (photo)

Seems like 48 hrs after its gone not as full as when i first got injected which i loved.

Results after swelling resolves

Often, patients will follow up with similar feelings about their results.  I tell most of my patients that their lips will be a bit luscious from the swelling for a few days.

After the swelling goes down, some patients say they liked the results when their lips were swollen.

If that is the case, you will likely benefit from another syringe of Juvederm.  To achieve the fuller (more swollen) look, patients will often require 2 or more syringes to get the final result they are looking for.  Talk to your injector about what you would like your lips to look like and he/she can help determine how many syringes are right for you.

Reno Facial Plastic Surgeon

Does my lip plump up again after the swelling is completely gone after Juvederm?

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs.  Once the swelling has left your lips you will largely be left with your long-term results.  If you appreciated the swollen appearance of your lips you will likely need additional filler placement to recreate your current swollen appearance.  Hope this helps.

Juvederm and Swelling

Thanks for your question!  If you loved your lips immediately after the injections,  you likely will want another half tube or whole tube.  I always recommend waiting a full two weeks though before deciding.  Best of luck to you!

Juvederm Results - If Unhappy, Reverse with Hyaluronidase

I suggest waiting two weeks to see the final results.  If you are unhappy you can add more at that time.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Cycles of swelling with lip augmentation

Immediately after your injection, your lips will swell just from being poked by the needle. That swelling will calm down in the next 2 days. This may look like your lips deflated after the initial swelling.

Next, the filler will start to attract water into your lips. This is a slower process that may take up to 2 weeks. This is the point when your doctor can reevalute you and make decisions on your result. It's a good opportunity to improve symmetry or add more volume. I would go conservative first and then slowly add more if you like it. Safety comes first. 

Victor Chung, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip filler

When placing filler in the lips, the lips often get quite swollen and what you see during the initial few days is often not what you get long term.  If you liked the fuller look that you had, then perhaps you need more product injected.

Final Result After Lip Augmentation With Juvederm

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photographs.  Sorry that you are having some concerns about your postprocedure appearance.  In general, after lip augmentation with fillers, it will take 2 weeks to allow for normal postprocedure swelling and bruising to resolve and to see your final result.  Please be sure to see your injector for an in-person reevaluation in order to best address your concerns, discuss your goals and expectations and determine the best course of action.  Beautiful and natural results can be achieved.  Additional product may be necessary to achieve your desired goals.  Best wishes!

Swelling of the Lips and Juvederm- NYC

Juvederm is a fabulous injection for the lips.  However, you may need to have more product injected if the results are not as you expected once the swelling has resolved.  Please consult an expert in cosmetic injections.  Best, Dr. Green

Will Lip Plump Up After Swelling Goes Down?

No, your lip does not plump up again after the swelling has gone down. You may want to have more Juvederm injected to get the look you want. It may not take the whole 1 mL syringe to get the look you want, so don't feel pressured to use the entire thing. It's better to start more conservatively like you did, and then add on. Wait about 2-3 weeks so that all the swelling comes down. Because there are no before photos, it's impossible to see the effect the Juvederm did have for you. Having said that, your lips look quite natural and nice. Beware of the overdone look! Better to use lipstick to enhance your filler like Kylie Jenner does than to look too "ducky."

Millicent Odunze-Geers, MD, MPH
Sacramento Physician