Should I get a lip lift and a revision rhinoplasty? (Photo)

I had a rhinoplasty about 4 years ago but im not completely happy with the results. Should I get a revision surgery? Also when I smile I can't show my teeth and also feel that my upper lip is very small, am I a good candidate for a lip Lift? Thank you!

Lip Lift

Thank you for your question. Fillers can increase the volume of your lips. There are temporary options as well as the more permanent solutions with fat injections. A revision Rhinoplasty may be able to address your tip and the shape and size of your bridge.

I suggest that you move forward and consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision rhinoplasty and lip lift

Thank you for your question Nancy. It appears from your photos that your nasal tip healed slightly tilted and upturned. The upper 2/3 of your nose looks great, though. Any revision would require tip work which I would do with an open approach which means using a small incision between your nostrils. Depending on what was removed in your first surgery, cartilage from your ear may be needed to use as graft material to add strength so that your nose doesn't tilt again. Revision rhinoplasty takes much longer to heal since you already have scar tissue in your nose. Expect for it to stay swollen and stiff for at least 3 months. You will not see final results for a minimum of 1 year and potentially 18 months. You will want to go to a surgeon who is experienced with revision rhinoplasty as it is much more difficult than primary rhinoplasty. With the right surgeon; however, this would be more of a routine procedure.

As far as your lip it is difficult to tell if it would be a good option based on your photos. If you look at your mouth with it slightly open but relaxed you should see some of your upper teeth. If not then a lip lift may be beneficial.

Some surgeons may be worried to make the incisions for both a rhinoplasty and lip lift at the same time because of the small bridge of skin between the incisions. I have done this routinely, though, and there is no problem with healing.

Sarah Saxon, MD

Sarah Saxon, MD
Dallas Otolaryngologist