Will my left breast eventually look as nice as my right breast? (Photos)

I am early post op, only 1 month 6 days. A breast lift and silicone implants placed. My concern is my left breast looks like a slope shape and smaller. Should I expect it to look as good as the right one as things settle?

Will my left breast eventually look as nice as my right breast?

Greetings

Thank you for your question. You are going to see the difference just after the procedure. However it is necessary to wait for some time in order to see the final result. After the breast augmentation operation the recovery period depends on your physical status, age, general health and condition mainly. The operation itself does not take too long therefore you receive a mild anesthesia. Since the anesthesia that you receive is mild; you will not have problems associated with anesthetic agents after the operation. This is especially important and can be achieved with only a team of plastic surgeons like we have. After the operation you will be advised to wear a corset in order to reduce the edema. You can start to do your daily activities just after the operations but we do not advise you heavy lifting, running or activities that require excess physical activity. The more you rest, the faster your recovery will be.

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

TIme

I would be patient as you are only 1 month out for surgery.  Just be patient and they should look more symmetric. I recommend an in-office examination as well as a detailed discussion with a surgeon who you are comfortable with and who is a board-certified Plastic Surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Best wishes! Dr. Desai
Harvard Educated, Beverly Hills & Miami Beach Trained, Double-Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question. Right now, you are early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you. Then reassess final result at 6 months. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon

Left implant is still high

It looks like the left breast implant has not dropped as much as the right side and   It is still early in recover but if there is no improvement after three months a revision may be considered.  You should follow up with your plastic surgeon and express your concerns.

Adam Hamawy, MD
Princeton Plastic Surgeon

Changes

Hello and thanks. Your breast shape will change over the next 3 months as the implants settle into their respective pockets. You may, however, have persistent but mild asymmetry because a natural pair of breasts always has some degree of asymmetry. Your results can still be fantastic so please be patient. 

DrBurnett#realself100

Early postoperative results are NOT the final result for breast augmentation, or anything else for that matter

Dear Noelle2013,
The results that you are currently appreciating are not your final results by far.  Too many patients return in the early postoperative period questioning their results, despite being told before surgery that the full final results can take up to 6 months and sometimes even longer.  Relax, be patient and trust your doctor.  Good luck!

Breasts

You are early post-op and they may change a bit more. It is always helpful to see where you started from as well. Give it 4-6 months and then re-evaluate it.

Will they look the same?

Without a comparative preoperative photo it's hard to know what's going on. Unless there is a seroma or an old hematoma on the right, then some adjustment in either the size of the implant or the amount of overlying breast tissue need to be made in order to gain symmetry. I recommend you follow-up with your chosen plastic surgeon.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS