Laser resurfacing shrunk my eyelids making the eyelid crease appear too high. Can it be lowered during a blepharoplasty?

Hi, I had a terrible experience with laser resurfacing of my eyelids a few months ago. The doctor was meant to even out my eyelid asymmetry but did both eyelids the same. Now one side is way too high. I will have a blepharoplasty when the scars have healed and hopefully fix the asymmetry but I prefer the look of the lower side. Should I make them both high and and then add filler? Or should I have fat grafting? Or is there some other option? Thanks!

First, let's agree that laser resurfacing harmed you rather than helped you.

Generally it is said that the upper eyelid crease can not be lowered.  However that is not true.  You had upper eyelid levator aponeurosis dehiscence, upper eyelid ptosis, and eye lash ptosis before laser resurfacing.  You have the same issues after the laser treatment plus shrinkage of the periocular skin making the upper eyelid fold even smaller in appearance.  I have had success in improving these situations by repairing the levator dehiscence, performing an anchor blepharoplasty which will provide support to the upper eyelid lashes.  I call these procedures structured microblepharoplasty because very little or no skin is removed.  It is all about correcting the under lying structure.  By shortening the apparent length of the upper eyelid platform, the crease is effectively lowered.  Study my free ebook which has examples of this type of structured blepharoplasty.

I know you are frustrated, but I wouldn't advise you to do anything at this point. You are still healing from your laser treatment. Wait until at least 6 months post op before considering any other procedure. If you are still unhappy with your results, schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to be assessed in person and discuss your options. 
My best,
Dr. Sheila Nazarian
@drsheilanazarian on Instagram

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Asymmetry following laser skin resurfacing

Thank you for sharing your question and posting your photo. It looks like you are still healing following the laser treatment. You look good and will probably continue to improve over the next few months. The asymmetry is not very obvious and does not warrant blepharoplasty. For a better evaluation, see an experienced Oculoplastic Surgeon in person. I hope this helps.
Good luck,

Avoid Surgery

Thank you for sharing your case and photos.  I believe that you shouldn't have any of those treatments.  You look fantastic and should embrace the asymmetries that make you unique.  I definitely would not recommend blepharoplasty.  Consider a consultation with a board certified oculoplastic surgeon to discuss your case and goals.  Good luck!

Samuel Baharestani, MD
Long Island Oculoplastic Surgeon