Laser hair removal on dark skin performed successfully in New York ?

I live in New York. I'm an African American female with dark brown skin. Im really interested in laser hair removal. I scar easily and suffer from hyerpigmention. Is there any Broad Certified Dermatologist in New York that has successfully perform laser hair removal and dark skin? Any suggestions or recommendations will be helpful. Thank you.

Dark skin laser hair removal

Hi there. You live in NYC! There are many Board certified Dermatologists and Plastic Surgeons who would be happy to help you. At our clinic in Houston, we have successfully performed laser hair removal on  thousands of dark skinned individuals. Make sure you choose a provider that has experience with dark skin and that uses an Nd:YAG 1064nm wavelength laser. Let them know about your concerns of scarring and hyper-pigmentation. This usually means less aggressive treatments spaced further apart. 

Look for good reviews on this website and others and go in for a consultation. Make sure all your questions are answered and you feel comfortable with whomever you choose. Good luck!!