Laser hair removal on dark skin performed successfully in New York ?

I live in New York. I'm an African American female with dark brown skin. Im really interested in laser hair removal. I scar easily and suffer from hyerpigmention. Is there any Broad Certified Dermatologist in New York that has successfully perform laser hair removal and dark skin? Any suggestions or recommendations will be helpful. Thank you.

Laser Hair Removal for Dark Skinned Patients

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

We have performed successful laser hair removal on lots of dark skinned patients. Please see a board certified physician that has experience with dark skinned laser hair removal.  Also, let them know about all your concerns of scarring and hyper pigmentation during your consultation.  Best, Dr. Green

Laser Hair Removal

Nowadays, laser hair removal can be performed on all skin colors and types. It makes it more difficult if you are prone to scarring and pigmentation, but it is still possible. I advise you to go over reviews on Realself and choose a provider that is right for you. Good luck! 

Hardik Soni, MD (not currently practicing)
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Dark skin laser hair removal

Hi there. You live in NYC! There are many Board certified Dermatologists and Plastic Surgeons who would be happy to help you. At our clinic in Houston, we have successfully performed laser hair removal on  thousands of dark skinned individuals. Make sure you choose a provider that has experience with dark skin and that uses an Nd:YAG 1064nm wavelength laser. Let them know about your concerns of scarring and hyper-pigmentation. This usually means less aggressive treatments spaced further apart. 

Look for good reviews on this website and others and go in for a consultation. Make sure all your questions are answered and you feel comfortable with whomever you choose. Good luck!!

Adaeze Okeke, MD
Houston Physician