Is there a laboratory test that can confirm if Restylane or other injectable was injected on my face during facelift?

My doctor does not tell me what he did to my face during operation. That is why I need to figure it out myself somehow. The operation was supposed to be a temple lift and facelift that was only supposed to get rid of loose sagging skin and muscles repositioned to their original place (without any liposuction or any fillers or anything). I was under anestesia 6,5-7,5 hours

Lab test for facial procedure?

Sorry to hear that you are unhappy with results of facelift. The only way to determine what was performed is to see the operation report, which you have the right to see. There are no lab tests to determine if filers were used.  Good luck,

Filler and facelift

There are no tests so show if filler was placed during your surgery. Ask for a copy of the surgical notes to see what was performed during your procedure.  Best, Dr. Green

Surgery

You have a right to know what was done. An operative note and a discussion with your surgeon should be available

What was done - how to find out...

Thank you for your question.  There is no laboratory test that can be done to check for filler.  Theoretically an imaging exam would show filler, however the easiest way to find out, is to request a copy of your medical records.  Legally, the physician needs to keep a proper record of what was done to you while under their care including surgical procedures, filler, other injectable, etc.  As well, as far as I am aware in all 50 states the records are legally yours - so they have to give you a copy of them.  In most states they can charge you for the records, but they cannot deny access to your records.  In my quick research, which I have attached below, New York State requires the records be furnished within 10 days of a request for medical records.  Regards, Dr. Matt Elias

N.Y. Pub. Health Law § 18: Health care providers must provide an individual with the opportunity to inspect his or her patient information within 10 days of a written request; a copy of such information must be provided within a "reasonable" time of a request.

Matthew Elias, DO, FAAD
Fort Lauderdale Dermatologic Surgeon