Labiaplasty excuse?

I've always felt uncomfortable with the way my vagina looks. Ive been researching for a while & I know I want to get the surgery. Im currently dating someone for over a year and we haven't had sex yet. The way I look makes me very uncomfortable and embarrassed and I just want to feel confident like everyone else. I don't want my boyfriend to know I'm getting the surgery and since he's never seen it he won't know the difference but what excuse can I use for getting surgery to keep it private?

Labiaplasty Excuse For Boyfriend

Thank you for posting your interesting question. The labiaplasty procedure is a woman's personal choice; therefore she is allowed to keep it private or share it with her significant other, who surprisingly, can be very understanding. After surgery, most of my patient's can return to work after 2-3 days and have not complained that anyone could tell that they had the labiaplasty procedure. I recommend that you have a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who is experienced with labiaplasty and can examine you, answer all of your questions, show you dozens of their before and after photographs, and explain the post operative course. Best wishes, Dr. Richard Swift

Put a cast on your ankle if you wish to be discreet about your labiaplasty recovery

Misdirection is pretty simple and you can walk as funny as you wish. Put a cast on your ankle and he'll have no idea what/where was done.

Labiaplasty excuse?

While all elective surgery is a personal choice, some are more private than others.  Labiaplasty falls into this category as it is a very private part of the body.  There is no need for embarrassment if there is a personal need for this surgery.  How much you share with your boyfriend is also very personal and private.  He should respect your right to privacy in any aspect of your life.  Do consult a Board Certified Plastic surgeon or GYN experienced in labiaplasty for an evaluation before making any decisions about having or the need to have surgery.  Discuss all of your options fully so that you are confident in the decision that you make.  Good luck!

David F. Klein, MD
Concord Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for reaching out and sorry about your embarrassment.  Having any surgery is a private and personal decision and no one else needs to know.  You do not need to tell your boyfriend anything unless it is such that you need to explain "time off".  I have in general first recommended just stating that you are having some surgery and your surgeon needs you to recover for a period of time.   If you need to explain more, consider "female surgery" and let the other person be left to their own to consider the what.  If really pressed, fall back on the fact that the type of surgery is personal and does impact your relationship with him.  Reassure him that you are healthy and left him know the anticipated time of recovery to full activities.  I wish you well with you possible surgery.

Labiaplasty excuse?

Thank you for sharing your question and I am sorry that your labial appearance causes you embarrassment and a lack of confidence.  The decision to pursue any aesthetic procedure is a personal one and I commend you for researching your options.  Because it is your decision to pursue surgery you need not tell your boyfriend at all of the procedure or make an excuse to keep it private.  Best wishes on your impending surgery and be sure you have selected an experienced labiaplasty surgeon.