Labiaplasty - Clitoropexy (where clit is pinned higher). Permanent/dissolvable sutures?

My hood is 2/3 cms, my clit peeps out the end. I've heard I can have clit pinned up and under, and hood secured down over it. I'm assured the clit itself won't be touched so it's safe but I'd like other surgeons thoughts regarding safety & success/holding in place. Is it usually done with permanent/dissolvable sutures, (wouldn't want to feel sutures). Hoping I won't have any problems with use afterwards (high libido!) Hopefully still be able to see a bit of the clit?

Clitoropexy

I would recommend a combination approach including labial contouring, clitoral hood reduction and/or clitoropexy, and skin tightening with or without vaginal tightening. 

Dr. Karamanoukian
#Realself100 Surgeon

Labiaplasty

An in-person consultation is necessary to give you meaningful information.

To be sure, see two or more experienced, licensed and certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have the procedure.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Clitoropexy

If your clitoral hood is thick, wide, and protuberant, it can be decreased significantly with a clitoropexy and hood reduction.   I invented this procedure about 6 years ago in which the clitoris is pushed closer to the pubic bone and the width, thickness, length, and protuberance of the clitoral hood can be decreased. I use absorbable sutures to reposition the clitoris .  I have done the procedure over 200 times and all patients continue to have normal sensation.  Since I have not yet published this technique, I cannot tell you if anyone else does it similar to me.  However, the surgeon must have a complete understanding of clitoral anatomy to insure that no clitoral damage occurs. 

Gary J. Alter, MD

Before you commit to the Labiaplasty and Clitoropexy, it is important to look over multiple Before/After photos of the procedure being recommended. There is only one way to lift the clitoris without putting sutures through it. When the skin of the Mons Pubis (the rounded mass of fatty tissue lying over the pubic bone) is lifted, during a tummy tuck or other abdominal procedure, a suture through the clitoris can often be avoided. You will continue to have normal sensation in the clitoris, as long as it is not touched during surgery. To ensure safe and satisfying results, make sure you select an experienced, Board Certified plastic surgeon to perform this delicate procedure.

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD