Can my Juvederm Voluma results be dissolved and corrected with hyaluronidase? (photos)

I'd appreciate an opinion on my face. I've had Radiesse & Voluma performed by a board-certified MD and a facial plastic surgeon and was thrilled with the results. This was done by an RN, if that matters. With this injection, my high cheekbones have been replaced by puffy-yet-stiff cheeks that push back to crow's feet when I smile. I'm in my early 30's and have been thin my whole life; though I feel these photos show a face of an older, heavier person. Can this be reversed or corrected, and how?

Can my Juvederm Voluma results be dissolved and corrected with hyaluronidase? = YES! #juvederm #voluma #hyaluronidase #drmesa

Hyaluronic acid based fillers like Juvederm, Juvederm Voluma ( known as just Voluma) and others all have the advantage that they can be reversed completely with the injection of a dissolving enzyme ( hyaluronidase or vitrase -brand name).

Reversal of Juvederm Voluma may require more than one treatment with the dissolving enzyme. This is because it is difficult to target precisely the location were the filler was injected. In my practice patients may require as few injection to up to 10 sessions of treatment with the enzyme to dissolve the filler (usually filler is administered by another practitioner) . I remind my patients that treatment with hyaluronidase may be associated with swelling and bruising since a needle is used to inject the enzyme ( the trauma of the needle and the reaction of dissolving the enzyme may cause that). Therefore I recommend my patients to treat with ice packs for several hours after each treatment session with dissolving enzyme.

Juvederm voluma as any other hyarulonidase base fillers can be reversed with hyaluronidase, a dissolving enzyme.

Can my Juvederm Voluma results be dissolved and corrected with hyaluronidase?

The quality of your pictures is not very good. I would recommend to go back to the injector and allow them to work on you, they know were they injected and what they injected. this is your best chance to improve. Massage or dissolving the material is an option. Unfortunately you had Radiesse also injected and that one can't be reversed (but it can still be molded a little).

Going to another physician adds the factor that they do not know what or where it was injected, created more tension as they are guessing and if you decide to dissolve it, then you will have to pay extra for it and aging he is guessing where it is. Your best bet is always to stay with your current injector.

Hope this helps,
Dr. Gus Diaz

Gustavo A. Diaz, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm Voluma and dissolving product

If you would re-post your photos perhaps we can see clearly what the problem is.  Voluma can definitely be dissolved with hyaluronidase.  It will just take more times to dissolve the product.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist with years of experience in facial injections for the bet cosmetic results. 

Juvederm Voluma and hyaluronidase

Juvederm Voluma should dissolve with hyaluronidase.  Radiesse does not.  I always prefer great core doctors to be injecting, such as dermatologists, plastic surgeons, or facial plastic surgeons. 

Rebecca Baxt, MD
Paramus Dermatologic Surgeon

Radiesse & Voluma

Thank you for your question.  The pictures do not project well so I am unable to comment on the photos. 

However, Juvederm Voluma is a hyaluronic acid filler that can be reversed with hyaluronidase injections.  It may take a series of injections to obtain the improvement you desire. 

Radiesse is a calcium hydroxyapatite filler that cannot be reversed.  The Radiesse will eventually dissolve over the next year or two.  Hyaluronidase injections can be tried if the Radiesse was placed within the last 2 weeks but it will not have as large of an improvement as a hyaluronic acid filler.  If the injections were completed more than 2 weeks ago some providers could try 5-fluorouracil or normal saline injections.  However, there is no guarantee that these treatments would improve the appearance. 

I recommend that you follow up with your doctor for an in person evaluation. 

Lisa Zaleski-Larsen, DO, FAAD
San Diego Dermatologist

Fillers and issues

Hyaluronic acid products can be dissolved. Radiuses is different and will only go away on its own. The photos do not project well.

Reverse Voluma

Sorry about your problems you are experiencing.  The pictures you submitted are pretty narrow and its hard to appreciate how your cheeks are harmony, or disharmony, with the rest of your face.  Its hard to say what, if anything, has gone wrong.  Voluma can be reversed and you should discuss this with your injector to see if there is a charge for it.  

Good Luck