I have eye bags. Is Juvederm for me? (photo)
Botox Price Calculator
What would you like to change?
Enter your info to request custom estimates from three local providers.
These providers will send a more accurate price based on your needs.
Doctor Answers 9
#5 causes of dark circles
1. Shadowing from congenital or acquired (via bone and fat resorption as we age) volume deficits
2. Rubbing the eyes, for example, if one has allergic conjunctivitis or atopic or contact dermatitis, which can cause the skin to hyperpigment
3. Thin skin, usually from aging and/or sun exposure, which allows the tiny blood vessels to show through
4. A defective orbital septum, which allows fat to protrude and therefore creates a shadow
5. Excessive stremgth of the medial fibers, nearest the eye, of the periorbital muscle, such that when one smiles, a shadow is created from the bunched-up fibers.
Only an in-person evaluation can determine which factors are operative in your case, but each can be treated successfully. If the first cause is part or all of the problem, Restylane or Beletero (rather than Juvederm) may help. The second and third factors can be treated with topical retinoids and antinflammatories, and addressing any allergies or irritants. The fourth factor is best treated through plastic surgery, although I have seen patients who do not wish to have surgery improve with dermal fillers. The last factor can be mediated with just 2 to 4 units of Botox.
I hope this is helpful to you. If you have any further questions, please let me know.
All the best! Dr. Clark
Have a consultation with a Dr regarding a dermal filler.
Juvederm to address eye bags
You might also like...
Use of Juvederm for Eye Bags
- Get more sleep
- Eliminate some of the stress in your life
- See an allergist
- Consider a dermal filler for the tear trough
I hope this helps.
Fillers for eye bags?
Be careful with tear trough injections.
The operation would involve an incision on the inside of the lower eyelid, so you won't have a scar on the skin of your eyelid. I would advise you to find a plastic surgeon, board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Good luck!
Rejuvenation of the eyes: Surgery vs. Fillers
The aging process around the eye comes from two different problems: 1. bulging of the lower eyelid fat, which is best addressed with surgery. 2. Loss of volume in the cheek and tear trough.
You have just a small amount of bulging fat, so surgery is not the best option for you. If the bulging aspect of your lower eyelid gets worse with time, it may be an option in the future. For now, some filler to the tear trough and cheek area will help enhance your eyes with beautiful results and minimal downtime.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.