Jaw implant screw fixation?

I am getting jaw implants soon. Should they be secured with one screw each or two? I read that with one screw they can possible pivot and shift, but my surgeon feels that only once screw each is fine.

Chin Implant

Thanks for submitting your question. Typically only one screw is needed for a chin implant to remain in place. For larger chin implants or for other reasons the surgeon may choose to use two screws. If you have selected a board certified surgeon that has performed over 100 of these procedures per year then I would not worry too much. Internet discussion does not replace the advice of your physician. All the best,Dr. Henry Mentz