Why do you itch after liposuction procedure?

Itchiness after Liposuction

As the sensory nerve recover after being disrupted form the skin surface after liposuction, itchiness can be one of the temporary nerve regrowth feelings.

Itching after Liposuction

The swelling of the skin and the use of a garment tend to cause itching in some patients. It is very normal to experience this during your healing process. The sensation tends to subside after a couple of weeks.

Jeffrey W. Hall, MD

Itching is common

Itching is common with the healing process and can be treated with skin moisturizer, Benadryl and other similar medications. Wearing a cotton or satin undergarment beneath the compression garments (normally made of polyester) can help as well.

Peter J. Capizzi, MD
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Pruritus or itching after liposuction.

Healing after liposuction is accompanied by inflammation within the skin. Many patients are irritated by a sensation of itching. It's also possible that allergic response to skin prep or adhesives or compressive garments can initiate or enhance the itching. Treatment is symptomatic and will eventually subside.

Itching after liposuction

Itching after liposuction can be a combination of betadine used at the time of surgery, incisions, sutures and/or the garment, but it will get better with time.

John A. Perrotti, MD

Itchiness after liposuction

The only times I have found my liposuction patients get itchy is when the incisions are healing or they develop a rash from the garment during warm weather.

Surgery

Hello Dear, Thanks for the important question provided. I have to say that each person is different, but I can tell you that the healing process is important and most of the times faster on lipo, and your skin starts to itch after surgery...

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD