Why do my implants look like this? (Photo)

I had my implants 4 months ago, but each breast looks different than the other. Is that normal??

Why do my implants look like this?

My guess is that the left breast (right in photo) was lower and the nipple displaced laterally pre op. This can possibly be improved by a lift of the left lower breast and opening the pocket laterally. See your plastic surgeon.

Both breasts heal differently

The two breasts commonly heal quite differently. One breast may swell more, feel more uncomfortable, or have a different initial shape. After complete healing, they will be more similar and natural. You must have patience, but if this causes concern, ask questions of the doctor or the nursing staff.

Asymmetry

Thank you for your question and photo.  It appears that you have some asymmetry after your breast augmentation.  However, without photos of you before your surgery it is nearly impossible to assess your results.  At four months post-op, you are no longer in what I consider to be the healing process.  Therefore, you need to be evaluated in person by your operating surgeon to determine if a revision is necessary in your case.

Different breasts

Without seeing your preoperative photos, it's hard to make any sense out of the postoperative photograph. Commonly, postoperative asymmetries are simply magnifications of what asymmetries were present before surgery. Because the left nipple appears to point out word, and the left breast is closer to the midline than on the right, it may be that the surgeon attempted to narrow the very wide space between your breasts making the left breast implant now not line up with the nipple areolar complex. I would recommend you go back to your plastic surgeon to discuss what if anything can be done to make it look better. All things considered, I think your result looks pretty good. Congratulations on your surgery.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Breasts appear different

Without pre-operative photos to compare with your post-operative results, it is impossible to determine if the result you see is to be expected or if there is an issue.  Certainly do meet with your plastic surgeon and do so in a non-judgmental manner.  There are things that happen after surgery that your surgeon may have little to no control of that can impact your breast results.

If you could resubmit your photos with before and afters, the doctors on RealSelf may be better able to help you with your concerns.

Herluf G. Lund, Jr, MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Pre operative asymmetry

Most likely the differences that you see today from your breast augmentation was predictable from your pre operative anatomy.  I would discuss your concerns with your surgeon.
Best Wishes,
nana Mizuguchi, MD

Nana N. Mizuguchi, MD, FACS